Prerequisites: Create Your Event
Go to Your Event Dashboard
1. Make sure you are logged in to Eventeny.
2. At the top of the home page, hover over the My Events tab and select the event you wish to work with.
3. This is your event dashboard. On the left sidebar, scroll down until you find the "Volunteers" feature.
4. Click the drop-down arrow next to "Volunteers." We will begin with the applications section.
Creating an Application
1. This is your applications page. To create a new application, click the blue + Add new application button at the top right corner of the page.
2. This is your application creation page. In addition to filling out basic information such as title, location, and deadline, some key aspects are highlighted for further explanation.
- Minimum Age: allows you to choose the minimum age your volunteers have to be to work at your event, up to 40 years of age. The lowest age you can choose is 13, as it is against the law to hire anyone younger.
- Visibility: allows you to make your application public (everyone can see/find it) or private (only those you share the link with can see it).
- T-Shirt: allows you to let your volunteers know if they are expected to wear a uniform for your event.
- Shift Selection Limits: allows you to limit the number of shifts a volunteer can choose when they're applying.
- Application Editing: allows you to restrict volunteers from editing their applications after approval or after submitting, if you wish.
At the bottom, fill out a description, write your terms and conditions, and select the primary contact for the application. When you are finished, click the blue ✔ Save button at the top right corner.
3. Now, you can add even more information to the application. Once you've created it, it will populate on the applications page. Click the blue ✎ Edit application button at the bottom of the application.
4. You will first be shown the basic information you just filled out at the top. If you ever need to edit this information, click the ✎ symbol at the top right corner.
As you scroll down, you will see that you can now add documents, questions, shifts, and automated messages to your application. To add this new information, click the blue corresponding buttons to the top right of each section.
5. When you are finished, remember to scroll back up and toggle your application to live mode under "Status." If it is toggled to draft mode, no one will be able to see the application.
You can also share the link to the application from here under "Primary Contact." There are many other ways to share application links, this is just one of them. More on that later.
1. Back on the application page, you may notice there are four icons on your application(s) below the description.
- Preview: allows you to view the application through the eyes of an applicant.
- Copy: allows you to make a copy of the application.
- Share: allows you to share the link to the application with individuals or social media.
- Remove: allows you to delete the application.
Additionally, you can toggle the status of your application here as well from publish to draft mode. To the left of that, you quickly gage how many volunteers have applied to your application.
In the example below, the application has five shifts available, which is why the completion bar's limit is five.
2. Lastly, at the top right corner of the page, there is yet another share button and a blue "Copy multiple applications" button below it. This allows you to create multiple applications at once with the same information.
1. If you scroll down on the applications page, you will find the "Departments" section. Departments act a lot like applications but are usually more ideal for larger scale events.
To create a department, click the blue + Add new department button at the top right corner.
|Note: To avoid confusion and overwhelm, we highly recommend you create one application for multiple departments, or multiple applications and no departments. It's really up to your personal preference, and what would work best for your event.|
2. This is your department creation page. Similar to a regular application, you can title it, write a description and add a cover photo, along with some other highlighted aspects.
- Minimum Age: allows you to choose the minimum age your volunteers have to be to work at your event. The lowest age you can choose is 13, as it is against the law to hire anyone younger.
- Number of Volunteer Slots: allows you to limit the number of volunteers within a single department.
- Volunteer Shift Selection: allows you to limit the number of shifts a volunteer can choose when they're applying.
When you are finished, click the blue ✔ Save button at the top right corner of the page.
3. After you have filled out the department information, it will populate under the departments section.
Here you can move them around, check the number of volunteer slots, how many slots have been filled, or remove the department.
Like applications, you can add more information to the department by clicking the ✎ edit & manage button in blue text.
4. At the top, you will find the basic information you filled out earlier. If you ever need to edit this information, click the ✎ symbol at the top right corner of the page.
Scroll down to add shifts by using the three buttons at the top right corner: export shift details, + New Shift, and + Bulk Shifts.
Lastly, you'll be able to see a comprehensive list of volunteers that have applied right below the shifts section.
5. Back on the departments section of the applications page, you can copy multiple departments as well if you ever need a bulk number of departments with the same information.
1. As you scroll to the bottom of the application page, you will find one last section entitled, "Bulk Imports." This section is perfect if you have been managing your volunteer applications through Excel spreadsheets.
Rather than creating everything from scratch again, click the blue "Create volunteer applications in bulk" button at the center.
2. In order for the Eventeny platform to properly recognize your Excel spreadsheet, you must first download the Excel template by click the light grey button at the top.
Fill out the template accordingly and ensure that everything is correct before you save it to your computer. Reupload it to Eventeny by clicking "Select file" in the box below.
When you are finished, click the blue ✔ Save button at the top right corner.
1. Now that your applications, departments, and bulk imports are created, it's time to check your volunteers list for submissions. It is the second option under the volunteers feature.
2. This is your volunteers list page. Here you can see all relevant information about potential volunteers such as name, application they applied for, status and more.
At the top, use the search bar or filters tab to search for volunteers with specific criteria.
3. Go ahead and click "view submission" to the right of the volunteer to see what can be done with their application.
4. Here in the submission, you can view the volunteer's information and approve, reject or waitlist them at the top right corner.
Above that, you can message the volunteer or click the three dotted button to withdraw the application and view the activity log.
Under the information section there is a tagging feature. This is useful if you want to label the volunteer for whatever reason. For example, loyal, repeat, no show, etc.
The volunteer will not see the tags placed on them as they are for you and your team's eyes only.
5. As you scroll down, you will find a variety of other information you can add to the submission: department selections, shift assignments, application information, invoices, contracts, tickets, reviews, office notes, and history.
To add this new information, simply click the corresponding blue buttons to the right of each section.
Volunteer List Options
1. Back on the volunteers list page, you may notice some additional options at the top right corner.
- Add volunteer: allows you to manually add a volunteer submission to the list.
- Bulk volunteer import: allows you to import multiple volunteers from an Excel spreadsheet.
- Group message: allows you to message all or some of your volunteer list at the same time.
- Manage tags: allows you to edit or delete tags assigned to volunteers.
- Export: allows you to export your volunteers list in an Excel spreadsheet.
1. Last under the Volunteers feature is Analytics.
2. This is your analytics page. Here you can see a number of volunteer related statistics such as total submissions, approved applications, and more.
Below is a view of your number of submissions by month and by application both in chart format.
Lastly, you'll also see the number of approved volunteers per department, if applicable.
Recommended Next Steps:
Create Sponsor Applications