Find Your Volunteer Applications Page
1. Make sure you are logged into Eventeny.
2. At the top of the homepage, hover over the "My Events" tab and select the event you wish to work with.
3. This is your event dashboard. On the left sidebar, click the "Volunteers" tab and select the "Applications" option.
When to Use Departments vs. Applications
|IMPORTANT: Our strong recommendation for creating applications and departments is to follow this formula: one application, multiple departments OR multiple applications, no departments. This helps prevent overlap and confusion when setting up shifts and taking volunteer submissions.|
There is virtually no difference in using applications vs. departments. The only difference is that you need at least one application for volunteers to apply to if you chose to go the department route. You can sync your department shifts to the application if you plan to allow volunteers to select them on their own.
However, just something to keep in mind, event organizers with larger scale events tend to gravitate towards using departments rather than creating multiple applications, simply because they find it easier to create multiple departments quickly.
All in all, it is entirely up to you on which formula you'd like to use for your event. Every event is different, and every event organizer and their team operate differently!
1. This is your volunteer application page. You can create an application by clicking the blue "create new application" button at the top right corner.
Learn more about how to create a volunteer application.
2. As you scroll down, you will find the departments section. You can create a department by clicking the blue "create new department" button at the top right corner.
Learn more about how to create a volunteer department.
If Working with Departments: How Do I Sync My Department Shifts to My Application?
* This feature is for event organizers that would like to allow their volunteers to choose their own departments and shifts. *
1. After creating an application and your departments/department shifts, go into your application by clicking the blue "edit application" button at the bottom of the application.
2. Scroll down to the "Questions" section and go to question #9: Department selection.
3. Click the toggle to the right until it turns blue. From there, you can select the following:
- How many departments each volunteer can select (i.e., one department per volunteer)
- How many departments to include in the selection (i.e., show only two out of three departments on the application)
|Think this article can be improved or have an idea for a new one? We want to know! Please feel free to leave a comment at the bottom of this page or contact Eventeny customer support with your juicy ideas!|
Recommended Next Steps:
How to Set Up Volunteer Applications
How to Set Up Volunteer Departments
Please sign in to leave a comment.