Map elements such as icons, pictures, sections, and text help fill out your map by labeling different areas such as bathrooms or ATMs. They also are great for making your map appear more organized and visually appealing!
By this point, you should have already created a map background, placed your booths, and possibly assigned your booths to vendors.
Completing these steps first will make adding elements to your map much easier!
Find Your Map
1. Make sure you are logged in to Eventeny.
2. At the top of the home page, hover over the "My Events" tab and select the event you wish to add map elements for.
3. You are now on your event dashboard. On the left side bar, under the "Home" tab, select "Maps."
4. This is your maps page. Select the map you wish to add elements to by clicking the blue ✎ Edit Details button at the bottom.
5. This is the map editor. On the left side bar, there are seven options to choose from. We will be focusing on the last four: sections, icons, pictures, and text! Let's begin with sections.
Sections are useful if you want to highlight relevant areas on your map. For example, a VIP section, entertainment stage, or a drinking/food zone. It helps those that are attending your event know where to find different aspects of your event.
1. To create a section, click the section icon and select the blue "+ new section" button.
2. A box that looks like a booth should appear on your map. Similar to a booth, you can title the section and write a description, if you wish.
3. You can also fully customize the section using the toolbar at the top of the map.
From left to right, you can change the shape, adjust the width (W) and height (H), change the background color and opacity, the text size, text color, alter the alignment, duplicate the section, or delete the section.
4. Additionally, you can move the section by clicking, holding, and dragging the section around the map, and change the size/angle of the section by using the circular and linear shapes surrounding the section. If you do not see those shapes, simply click on the section for them to appear.
You can also click on the section to edit the title and description on the left side bar, should you change your mind later.
5. To bulk edit or move multiple sections, the map editor acts like your desktop. Simply click, hold, and drag around the sections to would like to bulk edit to highlight them. From there, you can move, change the size, and edit multiple sections at once.
6. Lastly, when a section is not highlighted, a list of all of your created sections will populate on the left side bar for easy access.
If you ever want to quickly find out how many sections your map has, simply go to the maps page on your event dashboard and look under the "sections" statistic on the map.
Icons are great for providing a pictorial view of helpful areas on your map such as parking, bathrooms, airports, and more. Some can even be used in place of using a section such as labeling food or shopping areas.
1. To access the library of icons, select the icon button on the left sidebar and toggle to the "Library" tab.
2. You have 166 unique and generic icons to choose from. Go ahead and click on the one you want, and it will show up on your map.
For every icon you place on your map, they will also populate on the "My Icons" tab on the left sidebar.
3. Icons are also customizable by using the toolbar at the top of the map.
From left to right, you can change the width (W) and height (H), change the background color and opacity, change the color of the picture, adjust the alignment, duplicate the icon, and delete the icon.
4. Alternatively, you can change the size and aspect ratio of the icon by using the circular and linear shapes that appear around the icon. Simply click, hold, and drag these shapes until you have reached your desired size for the icon.
If you do not see these shapes, click on the icon for them to appear.
5. Lastly, to bulk edit or move multiple icons, the map editor acts like your desktop.
Simply click, hold, and drag around the icons to would like to bulk edit to highlight them. From there, you can move, change the size, and edit multiple icons at once.
Pictures are great to add visual interest or can act like a themed banner on your map.
1. Select the "Pictures" icon on the left sidebar and click the blue "Upload picture" button.
2. Your files, downloads, and pictures window should pop up from your computer. Select the photo you wish to upload from there. It will then show on the left sidebar and on the map.
|Note: If you do not yet have a photo downloaded to your computer, the easiest way is to search the photo on a search engine and right click to "Save picture as." If it is a photo you took yourself, simply upload it to a platform like Google drive to save it on your computer.|
3. You can resize, rotate, and move your picture(s) around the map using the circular and linear shapes surrounding the photo.
If you do not see the shapes, simply click on the picture for them to appear.
Alternatively, if you would like to make the picture a specific size, you can change the height (H) and width (W) via the toolbar at the top of the map (to the left). You can also adjust the alignment, duplicate the picture, or delete (to the right) on the toolbar.
Text can be used for a variety of things on your map. You can use it to create a key, provide written instructions, and more.
1. Select the "Text" icon on the left sidebar and click the blue "+ new text" button at the top.
2. Type whatever you want into the text box.
On the tool bar at the top of the map (from left to right), you can also fully customize the text box by changing the width (W) and height (H), background color and opacity, text size, text color, adjust the alignment, duplicate the picture, or delete the picture.
3. Another way to adjust the size of the text box is to use the circular and linear shapes surrounding the box. Simply click, hold, and drag until the box has reached your desired size.
If you do not see the shapes, click the text box for them to appear.