Once you have set up the background image for your map, your next step is to start placing all your vendor booths onto the map. Booths can represent anything from tables, tents, spaces, etc.
Table of Contents:
Summary of the Booth Creation Feature:
In a Nutshell:
Once you have set up the background image for your map, your next step is to fill out your map by creating booths. Booths can represent anything from tables, tents, spaces, etc. Not only can you label booths however you'd like, but you can also change their shape, background/text color, opacity and size!
How to Access this Feature:
How to Use this Feature:
Want to learn more about creating booths for your map? Continue to the full article below!
1. Make sure you are logged in to Eventeny.
2. At the top of the home page, hover over the "My Events" tab and select the event you wish to create booths for.
3. You should now be on your event dashboard. On the left side bar, under the "Home" tab, select "Maps."
4. This is your maps section, where your maps will populate. Select the map you wish to create booths for by clicking the blue ✎ Edit Details button at the bottom.
1. You are now in your map editor. To the left of the screen, select "Booths."
2. You have the option to create a single booth, or multiple booths at once. Let's start with creating a single booth.
To Create a Single Booth
1. Click on the + New Booth option, and a new booth will appear on the map.
2. Click and drag the booth to where you would like the booth to reside on the map.
3. To adjust the size of the booth, use the drag points on the sides and corners of the booth or use the top bar to set the width and height of the booth.
You can also change the shape, background color and opacity, text size, and text color of the booth.
4. When you're happy with your single booth adjustments, there is some criteria to fill out to the left of the map: title, description, amount, fees, block booth section, and assignment.
- Title: use this section to label your booth.
- Description: use this section to add a description or notes to your booth, if you wish.
- Amount: this section allows you to price your booth.
- Fees: indicate whether you want to pass, absorb, or split fees.
- Block Booth Section: indicate whether you want to block vendors from selecting the booth on their own, or not.
- Assignment: where you can assign one your approved vendors to the booth.
To Create Multiple Booths
1. This option is for those that want to create multiple booths at once, as opposed to creating them individually. Click on “+ multiple booths."
2. Your map's opacity should slightly change so that you can draw your line, which indicates where you want your booths placed.
At the top left of the tool bar, you can also select if you want your line to be straight, or to be drawn free hand.
Options to change the shape, size, text color/size, and background color of the booths are also at the top.
3. Once you're happy with your selections at the top tool bar, go ahead and draw the line on the map.
For the sake of this tutorial, both straight and free hand line styles are shown below.
4. Once the line is drawn, type the number of booths you would like to place in the "# of booths" section on the left sidebar.
Important: Sometimes, the number of booths you input will differ from the number of booths that actually appear on the map. When this happens, it is because the size of the booths is too big for the line you drew. To fix it, simply change the width (W) and height (H) of the booths at the top tool bar to a smaller size.
Another bump you may face is your booths not showing up at all on your map. This is because your map is scaled to be too small to fit the booth's size (example: 50x50 booths cannot fit a map that is scaled to 15x15ft). To fix, simply go back to the "Background" section, scroll down to "background size" and rescale your map to accommodate your booths.
5. Once your booths have been dropped on the map, the "Booth titles" section should pop up directly below the "# of booths" section. Go ahead and title your booths to your liking.
When you are finished, click ✔ Save at the top right of the tool bar.
6. Any booths you create will not only show on your map but will also populate on the left side bar. They are distinguishable by title and color. You can click on the booth through the list or on the map to edit its information, which will take you to the same edit screen as the single booth creation section.
How Can I Move, Edit, or Delete My Booths?
1. You can easily move, edit, or delete your booths individually by simply selecting the booth on the map or on the left side bar.
If you would like to move, edit, or delete multiple booths, the map editor acts like a desktop screen. Simply click, hold, and drag around the booths you want to work with to highlight them.
2. Once the booths are highlighted, you can now edit the sizes, shape and colors of the booths and text via the top toolbar.
To the right on the toolbar, change the alignment, duplicate the number of booths you have highlighted, or delete.
To move your booths, click, hold, and drag them when they are highlighted.
3. When you want to delete, the map editor will ask if you are sure at the top right where you first hit the delete button.
Alternatively, with your booths still highlighted, you can simply press "Backspace" followed by "Enter" on your keyboard to delete as well.
|Note: At the moment, you cannot change the shape of your booths or edit their pricing info in bulk. You will have to click on each booth individually if you wish to change those aspects.|
How Do I Save My Progress?
You do not have to worry about saving your progress in the map editor, as it automatically saves each time you make an edit or an addition to your map! This means you can exit out of the editor at any time and your progress will be saved for when you return.
Recommended Next Steps: