Prerequisites: Create Vendor Applications
Note: This article is for event organizers only. If you are a vendor and looking to learn how to apply a discount code, check out this article here.
If you are a ticket buyer, check out this article here.
|Note: Currently, the Discount Codes feature is in beta and only available to be applied to Artists, Vendors and Exhibitors. Further, the Affiliate Program is also in beta and can only be applied to tickets.|
Find Your Artist, Vendor & Exhibitor Feature
1. Make sure you are logged in to Eventeny.
2. At the top of the home page, hover over the "My Events" tab and select the event you wish to work with.
3. This is your event dashboard. On the left sidebar, click the drop-down arrow next to the Artists, Vendors & Exhibitors feature and select "Discount Codes." It is the third option down.
Create a Discount Code
|How Discount Codes Work: Discount codes can be applied to vendor applications. When you have assigned the discount code to your application(s) (more on this soon), simply share the code with your select vendors for them to apply during the price selection portion of the application.|
1. This is the discount code page. At the top right corner, click the blue + Create Discount Code button.
2. This is where you will create the discount code. You can create a title, code name, input the amount off, and set the start/end time for the code. Highlighted below is Type and Status.
Type gives you the option to take a percentage, or flat amount off.
Status helps you put your code into live mode. If you see it is in draft mode, applicants will not be able to use the code!
When you are finished, click the blue ✔ Save Discount button below.
Assign the Discount Code to an Application
1. The discount codes you create will populate back on the discount code page from before. To assign the code to an application, click the "Assign" button to the right of the code written in blue text.
2. Select the application (one or more) you would like to apply the discount code to.
Under "Price List" you will find a list of applications the code is applied to that includes the discounts and new prices.
When you are satisfied with your selections, click the blue ✔ Assign Discount Code button under the "Application" section.
3. Lastly, give the code to your vendors/applicants so they can use it when they submit their applications!
Create an Affiliate Code
|How the Affiliate Program Works: Creating affiliate codes only apply to the tickets tab on your event dashboard. They best serve event organizers who work with third parties (like influencers) to drive the sale of tickets to their events. There is also an extra step in getting affiliate codes to work.|
1. On the left sidebar of your event dashboard, click "Affiliate Program" under the "Tickets" tab.
2. This is your Affiliate Program page. Creating an affiliate code is very simple. Click the blue "+ New Affiliate" button at the top right corner.
3. A separate window will pop up asking you to fill out the following:
- Affiliate Name: What is the name of your affiliate?
- Code: What is the code? You can also generate a random code by clicking "Generate code" written in blue text.
- Email Address: What is the email address of the affiliate?
When you are finished, click the blue "Submit" button.
4. The code will populate on the affiliate program page. There you can see a variety of columns that include the link to the code and the code name. You can copy the link by clicking the "Copy Link" button to the right of the link.
5. Further to the right, you may notice columns reading "Usage" and "Value." These columns indicate how many times the code has been used and how much revenue it has generated. You can get a more in-depth view of these statistics by clicking the "view" button written in blue text.
6. Lastly, you can edit the code at any time by clicking the "edit" button or remove it by clicking the "remove" button.
How Do I Get the Code to Work for Ticket Buyers?
1. Now that the code is generated for your affiliates to use, you also have to make it applicable to ticket buyers. Back under the "Tickets" tab, select "Tickets."
2. This is your tickets page. You should have already created a ticket in order to apply the code to it. Learn how to do that here.
At the bottom of the ticket, click the blue "Edit Ticket" button.
3. Scroll all the way down the ticket editing page until you see the "Discounts" section. Select the blue "Create a code" button and fill out the following:
- Generate Single/Bulk: Do you want to create a single discount code or create them in bulk?
- Title: What is the name of this discount code?
- Discount Code: What is the discount code?
- Discount Type: Is the discount a flat rate, percentage off, or buy a certain number get one free?
- Discount Value: What is value of the discount code (i.e., if selected "percentage off," how much percent?
- Quantity Available: How many times can the discount code be used?
- Maximum Allowed Per Order: How many times can the discount code be used per ticket order?
- Group Discount: Is there a group discount associated with the ticket (i.e., can only be applied to groups of 5 or more)?
- Time Restriction: Is there a time restriction before the discount code expires?
When you are finished, click the blue "Save" button below.
4. Congratulations! You have created an affiliate discount code.
Under the "Discounts" section, you may notice various columns providing different information about the discount code. Like the affiliate tab, the most notable columns are the "redeemed tickets" and "redeemed value" columns so you can keep track of how many ticket buyers are using the code.
5. To the left of the code, you can edit the code at any time. To the right, you can remove the code, if you wish.
|Think this article can be improved or have an idea for a new one? We want to know! Please feel free to leave a comment at the bottom of this page or contact Eventeny customer support with your juicy ideas!|
Recommended Next Steps:
Please sign in to leave a comment.