Go to Your Maps Tab
1. Make sure you are logged in to Eventeny.
2. At the top of the home page, hover over the "My Events" tab and select the event you wish to create a map for.
3. You should now be on your event dashboard. On the left side bar, select "Maps" under the "Home" tab.
Creating a Map
1. If there are no maps created for your event, you will see a button in the middle of the screen, that says “Create Your First Map."
If there is at least one map already created, the button will be in the upper right corner of the screen and will say “+ new map." Either way, click on the button to start the map creator.
Using the Map Editor
The map editor is divided into seven sections on the left side of your screen: Information, Background, Booths, Sections, Icons, Pictures, and Texts. There is also an Exit button all the way at the bottom. Along the top of the map window, there is also a File Menu.
File Menu and Grid Lines
The file menu is at the top of the map editor and gives you multiple options to help you in the creating and sharing of your maps.
1. In the file menu there are six options: Share, Keyboard shortcuts, Preview map, Print, Previous map version, and Exit.
- Share allows you to copy the direct link of the map as well as ways to share it on multiple social media platforms.
- Keyboard shortcuts opens a list of keyboard shortcuts that you can use to modify your map instead of just using the mouse.
- Preview map opens the map in new window (will not work unless your map is live).
- Print allows you to print out your map, with multiple options of what to show.
- Previous map version will reload an older version of the map.
- Exit will exit you out of the map editor.
2. You can also create grid lines on your map to make sure things are the right distance from each other and in the correct place on the map. They are blue in color and very thin to not disrupt the look of the map.
To Place a Vertical Grid Line
- Place your mouse cursor over the ruler on the left side of the screen, click and hold the left mouse button
- Drag towards the right onto the map.
- Simply let go of your mouse button to place it on the desired area of your map.
- To remove a vertical gridline, simply click and hold, and drag it off to the left side of the map.
To Place a Horizontal Grid Line
- Place your mouse cursor over the ruler at the top of the map.
- Click and hold, then drag down to the desired area of your map.
- Let go of your mouse button.
- To remove a horizontal gridline, click and drag it off to the top of the map.
The Information section is where you will put in the basic information for your map. This is where you will make a name and description of the map, and if you want it to have public or private visibility.
1. If you make a map public, it will place a link on your event page to this map.
2. If you mark it as private, this map will not show on your event page, and you will have to share the map link to anyone who needs to be able to see the map.
3. When you are done, be sure to click the blue ✔ Save button at the bottom.
The background section is where you will determine what background you want your map to have. You have a few options on how to approach this part: color, image, map.
- Color: If you want to completely create your map from scratch, choose a solid color. For more color options, click the paint palette icon next to the white. Click ✔ Save when you're finished.
- Image: You can also upload an image of a premade map that was not created in the editor and plan to layer on top of it. Click "Upload" to choose a file from your computer. Click ✔ Save when you're finished.
- Map: Lastly, you can choose to use a Google map image by typing in the address of your event. Keep in mind this is only good for events that are outdoors, as Google maps does not show buildings. Simply enter the address of your event where prompted.
"Map style" is for you to customize what color you want your map to be. For example, if your event is at night, you might want to put the style into the "Night" map style. Click ✔ Save when you're finished.
|Note: You cannot choose multiple backgrounds. Switching to a different background type will override any previous selection.|
Scaling Your Map
Once you've chosen your desired background for your map, you might want to scale it. You can scale the size of the full image or use a portion of the map that is dedicated to your event.
1. To scale your map, stay in the "Backgrounds" tab and simply scroll down from the "Background type" section to "Background size."
2. Next, choose either the full image or image portion option.
To Scale the Full Image
1. Type in the width and height of the image, and use the drop down to select pixels, feet, or meters.
2. Click the blue ✔ Save button at the bottom.
To Use an Image Portion
1. Select the option under the background size section.
2. Draw a line on the portion of the map that you know the scale of and enter the length of the line. Choose pixels, feet, or meters.
3. Click the blue ✔ Save button, and the rest of your map will adjust accordingly.