Issuing tickets and charging for goods and services is so much easier with a Stripe terminal. To get started, follow the steps below.
Log on to the mobile application
If you need some help logging in to the Eventeny Mobile App, click here for a walkthrough!
Connecting your terminal
- After logging in, you'll be redirected to the Events screen.
- Next, tap on "My Events" (the "My Events" screen will show a list of the events you have admin access to).
- Locate the event on the list you'd like to select and tap on it.
- You will now be on the "Event Page" screen.
- Now tap "Manage Event."
- You should now see the "Event Administration" screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen to the "On-site terminals" section.
- Tap the "Setup" button.
- Read through the terminal setup welcome information and then tap "Continue."
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your device then tap "Continue" once more.
- Turn on your Stripe M2 Terminal using the button on the left side then tap "Continue."
- Your mobile device should automatically begin scanning for a terminal to connect to.
Note: In the event you don't see your terminal appear, please tap the "Refresh" button
- Once the terminal appears on screen, check the serial number that appears against the number on the back of your terminal then tap "Connect."
Note: If this is the first time you're connecting to your terminal you should see a "Bluetooth Pairing Request" like the one below when you tap "Connect." Be sure to tap the "Pair" button so your device can establish a connection with the terminal.
Additionally, newer iOS and Android devices may require you to provide your location when connecting to and using a terminal with the Eventeny app. You can give the Eventeny app access to location services by doing the following: under "Settings" > "Privacy" > "Location Services" > Make sure its on > Eventeny > "Always."
- Congratulations, your terminal is now connected!
- Tap the "Continue" button to return back to the "Event Administration" screen